End of the Wabash School and District No. 120
The Wabash School District was consolidated into the Stewardson School District following the 1947-48 school year. 1948 marked the end of the one-room country schoolhouse in Big Spring Township with all schools being consolidated in either 1947 or 1948. The Wabash Schoolhouse and all the contents were sold at public auction on May 28th, 1949. D.L. Storm bought the schoolhouse, then sold it to Robert Elam a few days later. It remained standing until 1994, when Don Latch purchased the land, and the old schoolhouse was razed.
Forward to the Next Section
Return to Table of Contents